Jillian at Catch My Party was kind enough to tag me in this post!
So, here are 25 things you don't know about me.
1. I am from small town USA. Magnet Cove, Arkansas. Look it up. Yeah, there isn't even a stoplight.
2. In high school, I was the feature baton twirler for my band. I think it is a dying art in many parts of the country and I wish that it wasn't. I am a band geek at heart.
3. I wish I could have been a teenager in the 80s. I really feel like I missed out on having awesomely teased hair and going to Bon Jovi concerts.
4. I LOVE reality TV. I mean, love it. If it's on Bravo, you can pretty much believe that I am watching it. My husband and I do NOT miss a housewives episode.
5. I am pretty positive that I have had at least one past life in Italy.
6. My degree is in Art History. Which is probably on the list of the all-time least money-making degrees of all time, but I loved it.
7. I have seen Leonardo DaVinci's The Last Supper in person. My husband is amazing and took me to Milan on our honeymoon. I had a visceral reaction to it. It is amazing.
You can't tell from this picture, but this is me at the Santa Maria della Grazie church, which is where the Last Supper is located.
8. I still have the same best friends that I had in high school. We are "as thick as thieves" as Caroline Manzo would say. They are my heart and soul. They know me inside and out.
9. No one has ever thrown me a big birthday party. Not since I was a child. I am actually not into having a party for myself, now that I think about it. I am too much of a control freak.
10. I curse A LOT and with a Southern accent. It is a terrible habit. It comes from too many years of waiting tables in college.
11. I live on Dr. Pepper 10 and Milo's Sweet Tea (sugar free). And food, obviously, I love to eat.
12. My favorite food is anything with goat cheese on it.
13. My little sister is my very best friend in the entire world. We seriously channel each other sometimes. She is the blonde, blue-eyed version of me.
14. I have always known I would have boys. I am so glad I had boys and not girls. While I am really girly myself, I have no interest in tea parties and princess dress up.
15. I don't really like being outside and getting hot. It doesn't suit me. I get cranky.
16. Since the baby I have been doing Barre workouts to lose the weight. It WORKS. The only time you will see me running is if someone is chasing me.
17. My favorite color is purple. Always has been, always will be.
18. I really don't like wearing shorts. They are all up in your business all the time. I am much more of a dress girl.
19. When we were little, my mom got us these awesome 80s "glamour shots." They don't look like child porn at ALL!
20. The week of my wedding in 2005, I met Justin Timberlake. He is much taller than you think. I am 5'7" and I have heels on in this picture. He came to play golf at the country club in Memphis were I was the Catering Manager at the time. I met Brian Williams a few weeks later. He is much shorter than you think.
21. I love to cook. I cook meals 5-6 nights a week. I want to be "that mom" who is a great cook and my kids friends want to be over at my house to eat. My sister says that in case of natural disaster, she needs to be at my house, because we will have 6 different types of cheese and a pantry full of food.
22. I am completely obsessed with Princess Grace (Grace Kelly). Yes, I was three years old when she died, but I adore her. She is the epitome of style and elegance.
23. Once upon a time in college, I thought I wanted to be a model. Witness this God-Awful picture from a shoot where the makeup artist was tragic. This was the era of heroin-chic. Then the Ford scout told me I was too "hippy" as in too wide around the hips. I was a size 2.
24. My music taste is wildly eclectic. A small sampling of my ipod: Loretta Lynn, Chicago, tons of 80s music, Tupac, Heart, John Mayer, James Morrison, Incubus.... Yeah, eclectic is the best word.
25. I have the worst fingernails in the history of the world. I never have them painted. Ever. I am terrible about having manicures. My last one was June 2011, the day my baby was born. I guess all that relaxing made him want to come early!
Natalie: The Knock Knock Factory
Amanda: Amanda's Parties to Go
Gwynn: Gwynn Wasson Designs
Annika: Cakes Likes a Party
Claudia: Tini Posh